The new corkage fee?

January 15, 2007

The tradition of a restaurant charging you a fee when you bring your own wine to their establishment (using their glasses and not buying their wine) is commonly known as “corkage.” As you wine drinkers know, many vintners are turning to screw caps, citing the high failure rate of corks as their motivation. What do restaurants call the fee for simply cracking open a screw cap wine bottle? I’m not sure, but I’d call it



{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Previous post:

Next post: